Friday, October 30, 2009

Back to School 2009

Justin was the first to head back to school.
In his words, he is now "one of the big kids."
In other words... a kindergartener.
For the most part, the transition has gone well. Before the first day, he told us he was excited AND nervous. Scott and I got to stay in class for awhile on that first day. After Justin found his nametag and inspected his little desk area for a moment, he hung his Cars backpack on his chair, situated his new pencil box on the desk, and jumped right in on the worksheets his teacher had left for him. Pretty soon, and pretty reluctantly I might add, it was time for the hovering parents to leave. After school, he told me, "I felt sad when you left, but after a little while I was okay again."
Just like that... One of the big kids.

Natalie is in Pre-K this year and really enjoying it. She just loves her teachers and we feel so blessed to know she is in such a nurturing and caring environment. She's such a bright little girl. She loves books, role playing, and is always, always anticipating what will come next.

Lexi is now a preschooler too! I was so worried about how she would handle the drop off and goodbye, but I suppose all of those days we took Natalie and Justin to preschool last year were good preparation. Lexi was as happy as could be on her first day. Gave me hugs and kisses, then set off to explore her new classroom. No tears. No long gazes. Well, at least not from Lexi. I can't believe how fast the time has already gone.

3 comments:

Rebecca Street said...

So cute! I love the silhouette picture at the end. :o)

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you blogged again. I've needed a C-Moc fix. The kids are getting so big.

Aunt Susan said...

Thanks for the update. I've really missed hearing about the kids. . .and you and Scott! Unbelieveable how fast they grow.