Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Justin's Raging 8th Birthday!

Today Justin turned
8EIGHT8EIGHT8EIGHT8!!!

Keeping with our family tradition I made Justin a special birthday hat and we left him a little gift on the "celebrate" plate.  

Ah, the little gift... a wooden gun, with a snake carved up the handle, that shoots rubber bands.  A rubber band shooting gun!?!? Um, did I buy that?!  I guess I had a moment of weakness.  We were in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and I saw it in this cute little toy store.  It suddenly seemed like the perfect gift for an 8 year old boy.  I had visions of him shooting down soda cans lined up along the fence.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that soda cans will be all that gets snapped by the new rubber band gun. (And that his sisters don't start looking like cans of Pepsi!)

For Justin's birthday outing, father and son spent the day at Raging Waters.  It was Justin's first trip to a waterslide park and he had a blast!  They went on every slide in the park.  Even Drop Out... twice!  

From the Raging Waters website:
"Drop Out is a thrilling seven story drop/slide, and is one of the tallest vertical drops in the country.  It hurls riders down in just 4 seconds, at speeds reaching nearly 40 miles per hour."

What!? 7 stories? 40 miles per hour? I think we may have little adrenaline junkie on our hands!  Scott, of course, was thrilled to be accompanying Justin on all the "big"slides.  I think it brought back some happy childhood memories.


In the evening, the Mocabee boys met us girls for dinner at one of Justin's favorite restaurants.  Justin opened another gift.  A Fizzy Foamy Science Kit or, in his words, "The best present ever!"  (Who needs a rubber band gun when you have a box of baking soda, food coloring, and test tubes?)



Happy Birthday Justin!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Street said...

I am SO amazed that Justin would go on Drop Out. I would NEVER, in a million years, go on that. He is so brave!!