Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's John Grisham's Fault

Sorry about the lack of blogging lately. I've taken up the art of reading for pleasure again. Okay, so John Grisham books aren't exactly art, but it's nice to read something not written by Dr. Seuss or Eric Carle. Most recently, I've moved on to Twilight (thank you Beth, wink wink). I've also been putting more time into my bible study and the book I'm reading for small group Experiencing God. And now, with American Idol starting again, I'm not sure when I'm ever going to find the time to blog!

Speaking of American Idol. Does everyone out there realize that Scott is a total, unashamed fan of the show? Yes, my husband, the consumate TV snob (unless it's sports related), loves American Idol. We even went to the concert a couple of years ago. Mmm hmm, we've seen Sanjaya in the flesh.

Anyway... here's some pix taken over the last few weeks, to catch you up on our life. By most accounts, it's just your ordinary, day to day life. But, I do not take for granted the enormous amount of grace (and forgiveness) we experience daily.

Here we go:

I came into the girls' room a couple of weeks ago to find Justin and Natalie, cozy as could be, taking in our latest library books. They are certainly best of friends or worst of enemies. Thankfully, this was one of those best of friends moments.


Within minutes of Scott arriving home from work, Justin is by his side, "Wanna wrestle, Papa?" On this evening, Justin ran head first into Scott's hip, resulting in a bit of a nosebleed. He was very quick to recover, though, and they were soon back at it!


Not for the first time... Natalie decided to stick something with moving parts in her hair. The result was a tangled mess that I eventually had to cut out. Luckily, she had a haircut scheduled for later the same day.


Lexi hosted a little luncheon for her babies and, of course, Molly.


Here are the girls, just home from getting their hair cut. Not sure where Lexi's boxer pose came from, but it's pretty cute. And while I'm at it, here's a shout out to David Gex at The Loft, who has generously been taking care of our haircuts since we brought the kids home. He's the best!


Natalie asked to help clean up after dinner. Here's her first lesson on doing the dishes. Years from now, she will probably regret this day. But for now, it was some good bonding time for Natalie and her Papa. Good work you two!


A rare moment of relative CALM. Justin and Buzz are enjoying the latest episode of something... Not sure what, but I'm sure it involves animated creatures that dance and sing.


And then there's Lexi.. just being Lexi. It can be comedy central around here when she gets going.


Oh... and today's my birthday :) I'm the #1 Mom and I've got the sticker to prove it.


Mocabees... out.

5 comments:

Shannon Renee Photography said...

"You can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her. Dare I say en fuego!"

~Mocabee's

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great birthday hat! Who's the designer? =)

Happy Birthday Chrystal!

Rebecca Street said...

Those haircuts are TOO CUTE!!!! Those children are a serious blessing, even when you are in the midst of crazy motherhood. Just remember that when you want to pull your hair out. :o)Your posts make me smile every time. Thanks for putting Twilight down long enough to write it.

Beth said...

You go #1 mom! Lexi KILLS me - the outfit with the glasses is a riot. She is one of the funniest children ever. I love the pictures and the haircuts. Can wait to see you in March!
Love,
Beth

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pictures. Thank you so much for the newest blog. Been having Mocabee-blog withdrawals! Your children continually amaze me at how well they have adjusted to life here. They were truly ment for you both. Can't wait for the next post.