Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Whippersnapper!

Scott's birthday seems to have taken a bit of a backseat the past couple years. It's now sandwiched between 2 of the kids' birthdays and our aniversary (12 years! yay us!) It also happens to be my half birthday, which I somehow feel should be recognized.

Despite the spotlight being shifted, on July 22, my husband, father of three, turned 35 years old.
He'd be quick to point out that he remains younger than me.
To which I'd say, "Really? By a whole 6 months."
Then he'd say, "Still...younger."
And I'd say, "Whatever."
There.
That's pretty much how that conversation has gone for the last decade.

We happened to be visiting family/friends up north over Scott's birthday this year. My mom and her coworkers made sure he didn't miss out on a fabulous birthday hat. It even had bells and pop out curlies... you might say it was interactive! We had a cute little Cubs ice cream cake for dessert. And just like that, Scott stepped into his 35 year (or does this mean he's beginning year 36?  Hmmm.)

Anyway... Happy Birthday to my younger man.

3 comments:

Shann said...

I totally agree about the half birthday recognition. Brad and I give half birthday gifts to each other.

gaby said...

idk why but "whippersnapper" is making me laugh pretty hard right now! :)

Bridget =) said...

I'm with Shann, half birthdays should be celebrated =)
and gabs "idk" haha