Monday, January 14, 2008

When Lists and Piles Collide

Lists
Lists
Lists
Seems like everyday I make a list.
Shopping List
Packing List
Gift List
Return List (Those of you who really know me are very familar with my frequent trips to return this or that.)

Oh yeah, and besides the lists, there's the piles.
Piles
Piles
Piles
Piles of clothes I think I'll be packing
Piles of gifts to bring the orphanage workers
Piles of toys and books to bring our kids
Piles of snacks just in case the borsht doesn't cut it for me (I'm not even sure what it is, but somehow I'm not thinking it fits in well with my usual meals of ketchup only)

Sometimes the world of lists and piles collide! Like when I need to return the shirt I bought for the trip. It was on the shopping list... new black turtleneck. It came home and joined the pile of clothes to be packed. But now it's back on the return list because I found a better deal on a new black turtleneck at a different store.

We leave for Russia 2 weeks from today. Our plan is to only bring carry ons. That should be interesting. Exactly how does one pack for negative 35 degree weather with only carry ons? My coat is so big I might have to buy it it's own seat on the plane! And the piles are already growing taller and wider than the little suitcases.

This is my life at the moment. Actually... I'm quite enjoying it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrystal and Scott, we have joined your blog and are so excited to be able to follow you in this process. I have loved reading your entries and catching up on your journey. What a story you will have one day to tell your child(ren)! We are praying for your trip and your meeting with the siblings. I pray that God will make His will for your family abundantly clear as you are there. Happy packing......BURRRRRR! Ryan and Amy Yarbrough