Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Newest Member of the Family


Welcome the newest member of the family! It's a dark blue 2004 Honda Odyssey. Doesn't it look so nice parked in our driveway?! :)

We couldn't splurge for a brand new one, but this fella has all we could ask for and more! Well, Scott really hasn't asked for anything... except maybe for it to just go away. I, for one, am ready to have a campout inside the van! It's just so spacious and cushy! On a chilly night, we could crank up the heated seats and pop in a dvd. Can you say date night?

Oh, and are you ready for the best part? It has a cassette player! That's right! I broke out a bunch of my mix tapes from high school. I've missed good ol' Michael W. Smith... I think maybe he was right, Friends really are Friends Forever!

Pathetic? Maybe... but just let me know if you want to go cruising Friday night.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Well, it doesn't have a T-top but it's pretty snazy! Congrats on the Family Vehicle!!!! :)
Beth
P.S. Kris is SO ENVIOUS!

sb said...

Chrystal, the MWS comment is too funny. I just found one of our mix tapes from college and played it in my Mustang on the way to work this week...Sally (yes, the car, has a name) has a tape deck too since she's 9 years old.

Anyway, I laughed at some of those old songs and the silly memories associated with them. Hard to believe it's been 15+ years since we left Cowtown and headed off to APU. So much has changed...

So happy for you and Scott and the wonderful kiddos from Russia. I pray that the days fly by until it's time to go and bring them home.

Can't say I love the van, but you look awesome there in the driver's seat - and since you're the driver, that's all that matters. :o)

Sarah B