Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008!

It was the kids' first Halloween..... and it was our first Halloween with kids!
I'm not sure who was more overwhelmed... them or me.
Actually, I'm sure... it was me!
A few things I learned:
Figure out the costume thing waaaay ahead of time! Turns out there are several events requiring costumes in the weeks leading up to the big day (library, preschool...)
Have more than 1 costume. Figuring out a costume that works in 90 degree heat and a cool rainy day is not so easy (we had both last week).
Stock up on bobby pins.
Kids are super bendy... see bounce house video below!

Halloween morning we headed downtown for some storefront trick or treating. We switched Lexi out from a pink princess to Minnie Mouse. Still quite adorable. This was their first trick or treating experience. They got into a pretty good rhythm, but before we were halfway done, Natalie asked to go back to the car because her bag was too heavy. Gee, poor thing. That brings me to the next thing I learned.... Don't buy any candy. Next year, I will be "regifting" their morning haul!



Later that evening we went to church for some more fun. Lots of games, pizza, music, more candy, and best of all... the bounce house! Lexi is an animal. I probably should have been worried about my baby bouncing around with kids 2 and 3 times her size... but she's a tiny monster! Even when she crashed (which was every time!), she jumped right back up, ready for more.



At preschool, Justin and Natalie had to dress up as community helpers.
Justin was a police officer and Natalie was a vet. All in all, our first Halloween was a success! Today, Natalie asked if we could carve another pumpkin. I told her we'd have to wait until next Halloween. Her response, "Tomorrow?" Definitely not tomorrow. I think I need to start Christmas shopping! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures and videos!!!! They brought a smile to my face this morning :)

The Levengood Family Story said...

Awe, the Halloween rehearsal : ) We know it well! What a cute video and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing

Beth said...

I love it! They were adorable and yes, you need to start Christmas shopping. If you think Halloween was chaotic wait for all the holiday events you will be participating in just leading up to Christmas!
Auntie Beth

Anonymous said...

I loved the pic of Lexi being in the middle of a sandwich kiss. And her in the bouncer. I was laughing. The pics and videos were so adorable. Can't wait to meet them at Thanksgiving (one of the less stressful holidays, right?!?!).