Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving... Preschool Style

Today the kids had a "Share Feast" at preschool. Gotta love a Thanksgiving meal consisting primarily of dino nuggets and mac n cheese! :) One little boy in Natalie's class ate nothing but goldfish crackers!

Thankfully, we are blessed with good eaters. We rarely have battles at the dinner table. For the most part, veggies are consumed without much of a fuss (Scott's another story). Our biggest dilema is getting Natalie to stop talking long enough to eat a few bites. Of course, like most little ones, their favorite foods are pizza and hot dogs! (Although, after steak and lobster, pizza and hot dogs are high on my list too.)

Anyway, back to preschool Thanksgiving. After spending a short time in each of their classrooms, I was reminded why I stuck to teaching older kids. Yikes. That's a lot of wiggly bodies all in one place. I've got enough Romper Room going on in my own house right now, thank you.

A year ago, at this time, we knew there were 3 young children in Krasnoyarsk that would likely be "referred" to us. We knew there was a boy and two girls that were biological siblings. We were told they were somewhere between 1 and 5 years old, but had no idea who was oldest or youngest. We had redone mounds of paper work in hopes of finding out more about these children. That was one year ago.

And now, we're looking forward to our first Family Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Rebecca Street said...

What a wonderful first Thanksgiving you will have. I'm sure a year ago time was dragging by, but I'll bet it is zooming now.

Melanie Pinkus said...

Happy First Thanksgiving Mocabees! We love you! Boy do we have a lot to be thankful for.

Beth said...

Ok,
I've watched your children eat in utter amazement. I love that they readily eat salad. Not my child! The pictures are great. Hard to believe it was a year ago that you were wondering about these three beautiful, talkative, lively children who now occupy all of your mind, heart, and home. :)

Armando Omega said...

did I see a lumpia in Natalie's hand?

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for Keeping the Promise.

ITGFY. WEL,

Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

It was so great getting to see you and your beautiful family at the Brusby Thanksgiving on Friday. I would have never guessed that your children have only been here for 5 months. Lexi telling me that a baby's diaper is "PU" and Natalie telling me all about the Tinker Bell movie and Justin showing me how to dress one of the dolls. So sweet and polite. Incase you wonder...you're hard work has truly paid off and shows in ENORMOUS ways. Way to go Mamma and Papa!