Saturday, May 9, 2009

Farsi i Capelli

Doing hair.
One of the (many) parts of mommyhood I didn't consider much before I had children.

When it's Lexi's turn, I call her into the bathroom. Her response, almost every time is

"Mama? You makuh my hair?"

Yes Lex. Time to makuh your hair.

Somehow, most of her verbs have an "uh" on the end. Justin and Natalie did the same thing when they were picking up English.

Justin added that "uh" to just about everything! I started to suspect a little Italian streak running through my Russian babies!

Lookuh Mama! That'suh parkuh!

A parkuh. You know, with slides and swings. A parkuh. Where you bring your parka in case it gets chilly.

Um. Where was I?
Oh yeah. Hair.

Bless Natalie. She is so patient when I makuh her hair. I think back to the giant bows she wore in the orphanage. I wonder how long it took to get those things in?



Today, I tortured her with some fancy french braids (fancy for me, at least). When I was finally finished, she ran downstairs to show her brother.

Look Justin! Mama gave me some upside down french fry braids!

In case you were wondering... this is an upside down french fry braid.


Oh..... and farsi i capelli?

In Italian... do my hair.

Couldn't find the translation for makuh my hair :)

3 comments:

Kristyna. said...

The girls hair have come a long way since the Russian bows! Can't wait until the day Keely runs up to me and says "Makeuh my hair"! :D Thanks so much for sharing!

Teseena said...

Great post! Gotta love the big bow days...nice work on the french braids!

Beth said...

Love the french braids, you are going to have to teach me how to makuh french braids for Katie. :)