Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Easter

Easter. Another first for the children.

Every holiday brings something new. It's been so special to share these "first" moments with the kids.

Easter was extra special. Dying Easter eggs, hunting them down, spending time with family, the candy, the candy, the candy. I loved watching the anticipation on their faces as they popped open each plastic egg.

What makes my heart the happiest though? My kids know that we celebrate Easter because of Jesus.

We spread out on the kitchen floor to dye our eggs. I think we only had a couple of casualties along the way.
Eggs, that is. Not kids.




Easter morning. Just home from church.





In the afternoon we headed over to Baba and Grandpa's house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. Thank goodness we finally have kids... doing an egg hunt every year with a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings was getting to be a bit ridiculous. (Okay, maybe I'll miss it a little. For the record, I think Auntie Shannon remains the reigning champion.)





Much to Justin's delight, the Easter Bunny brough him a kite. Later in the afternoon, we headed to a nearby school to try it out.



Here's a conversation I had with Justin about this picture he drew.
Justin: This is a big cross.... Jesus died on the cross.
Me: Do you know why Jesus died on the cross?
Justin: He took away all of our sins.
Me: That's right. Tell me about this person (to the left of cross)
Justin: That's God. He's sad because his son died. After 3 days Jesus came back alive.... Now I'm going to draw a soldier and the tomb.

***sigh***
I am so grateful my children are home.
But, once again, my mind goes back to those little faces we left behind in the orphanage. To the future that may be awaiting them. Will someone tell those precious children about how much Jesus loves them?

4 comments:

Kristyna. said...

OMG...this was so awesome to read and see the pics. Thank you so much for sharing. I especially loved the conversation at the end with Justin...oh, and the Cubs egg! I wonder who's that was?!?! :P

Melanie Pinkus said...

Wow! This whole things is beautiful, but oh how amazing Justins picture! There are so many people all around the world that need to hear about God's love. I think children are the hardest to think about... Love you all!

Uncle Peter said...

Auntie Shannon is happy she doesn't have hunt for eggs anymore too..

~Peter

Teseena said...

How precious Justin's picture is of Jesus....you and Scott are doing such an amazing job raising your babies~keep up the good work!