Sunday, September 7, 2008

Playhouse

It's official, we are one step closer to living in Kidville.

It seems every spare shelf and empty bit of wall space is quickly being filled with a plastic tub of toys. I really should have bought stock in Target and Rubbermaid.

Now the backyard is joining in the transformation... basketball hoop, picnic table, jump ropes, bubbles, big blue pool... and now the addition of a playhouse. The playhouse is not huge, but in proportion to our dinky backyard, well, it's quite a piece of real estate!

The kids love it though. It has a small kitchen inside, little pots and pans, and lots of pretend food. All in all, it's providing hours of fun... fun, which I am currently watching through my own kitchen window... in the quiet, peacefulness of my air conditioned house. Nevermind the fact that's it's 100 degrees outside and the kids have closed the shutters and door of the new playhouse. Every now and then a sweaty little Siberian head peeks out at me just to make sure I'm still watching... and I make sure no one has passed out!

Yep. Good times.





Auntie Shannon and Uncle Peter! Come in our playhouse!

3 comments:

Rebecca Street said...

You have GOT to love watching your kids play from the house while they are outside!

Anonymous said...

I think Molly has a new Big Dog house and she is sharing it with the kids.

Everyone always has such wonderful smiling faces. You two are doing a fantastic job and you are great parents. God is so good!

LUV U5,

Uncle Larry

Shae said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Justin & Molly, with their heads sticking out of the door ! =) Isn't it wonderful seeing how they can play no matter HOW hot it is outside ? Enjoy these moments now dear.. they quickly fade away.. =(