Saturday, August 23, 2008

Three Little Pirates

Our craft project took a major detour today. What started as decorating little foam crowns, turned into making pirate costumes. With rolled up newspapers as our hooks, construction paper eye patches, and lots of tape... I soon had 3 little pirates. And thanks to the Backyardigans (A show I'd never heard of 2 months ago), we know that, "A pirate, a pirate, a pirate, a pirate says Arrr! Arrr! Arrr!"


After only a few minutes into our swashbuckling adventure, I soon found my littlest pirtate (still donning her eye patch) tucked away into a corner with a doll.
Here's a little taste of how the English is coming. It seems Pirate Justin has bought chocolate and ice cream at the store (That's my kind of pirate!). Still mixing the English and Russian, he says, "Pirate scora vernoos." (Pirate will be back soon)

4 comments:

Melanie Pinkus said...

Love it!!!!

Wolf family said...

You are SOOO good at keeping this blog up...I look forward to the updates every few evenings! Thanks for continuing to invite us all in...what an honor and blessing to be part of your family in this way.

Teseena said...

Love the creativity :) good job momma!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continually allowing us all to be a part of your lives through this blog. It is always a great joy to find a new one. I loved the pirate pictures and videos. I like Justin's type of shopping...chocolate and ice cream. You are raising him right!!!!! :D