Friday, June 13, 2008

Afternoon with the girls

We just got back from our 3rd visit with the girls. The day started very similar to yesterday. Natalie arrived to the room first, and actually, she wouldn't even come in. Head down, grasping to her caregiver's hand. She wanted her sister. So, off they went. Back down the long hallway. A few minutes later, as I watched through the doorway, they were back. Together. I met the girls at the door and Lexi had no problem taking my hand and coming right in. Natalie held Lexi's hand too, easing her way into the room.

It was slow going with Natalie at first, but she actually did much better as the afternoon went on. The camera was our common ground. She enjoyed scrolling through the pictures of her brother, but I noticed that she seemed to move very quickly through the ones of herself and Lexi. We videotaped ourselves and watched it back. She enjoyed this too. From that moment on things relaxed. She said "mine!" a lot less. (Yesterday, it was the word of the day) Natalie even sat on my lap for quite a while and let me move her fingers on the piano. She seems to enjoy music, like her brother.

Lexi... silly little thing :) She's talking so much more than when we were here on our first trip. She has a raspy little voice, probably because she is constantly congested. She is generally happy and content. She comes to both of us. Doesn't mind being held. I even coaxed her into kissing me on the cheek goodbye. (I didn't even try with Natalie. We were glad to get a wave goodbye this time!) By the way, her outfit was much cuter today!

Well, gotta get going, the business center is closing for the day. We won't see the kids until Monday... 2 days of no visits.

Until Zaftra!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your visit went well...still praying for the girls to soften towards you. Enjoy your weekend together! Can't wait for you guys to come home with your babies!!!

Christian said...

My heart quickened when I read about Natalie scrolling through the pictures quickly of herself and Lexi. Noticing such a seemingly small detail speaks volumes. She was studying and examining her brother, and you noticed something that was important to her. This and other observations will continue to open doors to her heart as it gives you cues into what is going on inside her heart. Don't give up. ;)

Christian said...

PS - I LOVE the outfit descriptions!

Shae said...

After speaking with Scott a few weeks ago when he came in to my office (Acctg).. and a colleague of yours Crystal (Claudia), I have become enthralled with your story ! I quite enjoy reading your daily blogs on visits and seeing pictures of the children. I too can imagine those dreadful dresses (thank goodness for Old Navy !LOL). I will continue praying for you and your ever growing family daily and think of you often.

Anonymous said...

I'm officially an addict! Thank God school's out for the summer, now I can read up on the Moc Family during the afternoon! When I read this verse, it brings to mind the faith and love that the two of you have and will share with your new family. "Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
I know it has been a long time but your promise is being fulfilled.