Monday, June 23, 2008

Freakshow

Freakshow...that's what we've now fondly started calling ourselves. You should see the stares we get as we cruise around town. What? You've never seen 2 ragged looking Americans, pushing a wobbley double stroller, and lugging a 4 year around in a hip hammock? It probably doesn't help that Justin has taken to wearing the airplane eye mask around most of the day. :)

Their favorite book is by far, Brown Bear Brown Bear. While we were out walking after dinner last night, Natalie was all snug against me in the carrier and I could hear her singing, "Yellow duck, yellow duck, what do you see?" So cute. Even though I was dripping with sweat and my son was sitting in the front of the stroller with a blue mask on his face, I WAS SO HAPPY. I had a moment. You know, one of those moments everyone has been promising me would come.

We got the kids' passports today. We are supposed to get picked up at 4:30 AM tomorrow. Yes... 4:30 AM! I'm NOT looking forward to that... or to packing. We've added a stroller and a potty to the load. Yep, we're lugging the pink plastic potty to Moscow!

This will most likely be my last post for a while. After we get settled in the Marriott I'll have to figure out the internet cost, etc. We continue to pray for grace for the day, patience, rest, energy, communication (with Justin especially)... and an easy airplane trip!

Here's a few more pix to tide you over until I can check back.

One more try at a family picture.


Giggles with Papa!


Thank you Nathan and Christian! The DVD player was a hit last night!


Lexi loves to play in the fountain.


Yep! The Freakshow ate dinner OUT yesterday! We did great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Such precious pictures and I love that you are experiencing ALL the joys of being a parent...I think "freakshow" sums it up nicely ;) So excited that you guys are getting closer to coming home, we will continue to pray for you and for safe travels with all of the kiddos! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have a smile on my face thinking of Justin and the mask. I can't stop smiling.

I will also continue to pray for a safe home coming. Thanks for all the blogs and pics. Loved the whole family pic including Molly. The kids are going to go nuts when they meet Molly.

Continue to be happy, be safe. You will be home soon.

ITGFY. WEL,

Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

We have loved keeping up with your journey through your blog. The pictures are precious- especially your complete family! I love the mask and the freakshow comments- you guys are awesome!!! We will continue to pray for strength and patience as you slowly make your way back home. We love you guys!

xo,
Amy