Sunday, June 22, 2008

Naptime!

Naptime, sweet naptime!
The kids are all napping... all 4 of them. Poor Scott is so tired today!

The stroller has been a huge hit. They all love to be in it. Add one Ergo baby carrier and we've got everyone safely corralled and we can hit the town. Okay, so we've stuck close to home (that's what I've been calling our hotel room these days). Yesterday we did manage to stop for popsicles, which they devoured with sticky enthusiasm. Rookie mom here forgot to bring the wet wipes, so we washed our hands in the fountain! Not so much a rookie that I don't know how to improvise! :)

We've eaten all of our meals in the room. Lexi barely eats anything. Natalie will eat most things. Justin eats absolutely everything, including everyone else's leftovers! I'm so proud to be feeding my children meals of lunch meat, instant mashed potatoes, top ramen, and yogurt! Throw in a banana here and there and we call it a well rounded meal!

An update on our itineray: We are supposed to get the kids passports on Tuesday (That photo session was fun.) We leave for Moscow early Wednesday morning. It will take us 7 days to do what other agencies are getting done in 3 day (not bitter or anything). Then we head home Wednesday, July 2. It's getting closer!

Gotta get back to do some laundry before everyone wakes up. Thanks for the comments. We're always so excited to hear from you.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My question is when does mama get to nap - oh, that's right, mama work is never done. Did you know that?

The Pics are wonderful. Everyone looks so happy. Praise God for the joy he brings.

ITGFY. WEL,

Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

By the way, when you get home. There will be people knocking down your door to help, me included. Please don't hesitate to ask.

ITGFY. WEL.

Rebecca Street said...

I can feel your joy oozing out of you! I'm so happy to be hearing about your motherhood journey after all of the time that you've waited on God. It only gets better! Thanks for the posts...please keep them coming. I think I have an addiction to checking your blog. It's the last thing I do at night and the first thing I do in the morning with several checks during the day. :o) Love you guys and can't wait to talk to you in person!

sb said...

Chrystal, Scott -
Congratulations! The kids are adorable. We are so happy to see your family complete. God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? :o) S

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling...child sleeping, hubby sleeping, & mama getting things done around the house. You're a pro!

I love the description of your meals. That's great! :D Whatever works for the kids...gotta go with it!

Can't believe how quick this trip has seemed on this end...probably not so much for you guys though. Hang in there! You're almost home!

Loved the pics, especially the one with all 3 wrapped in towels. Too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Pinkus said...

You all look so happy! Love the meal stories. Kids and food is always an adventure! You sound like a pro already!! Will continue to pray for fun, relaxation (as much as that is possible) and a quick rest of the trip.
Love you all so much!

christian said...

I could picture every moment you described - Nathan and I were cracking up! And I love your improvision...I'll have to remember to look for a fountain next time I forget the wipes. We're so excited to see you all soon...let the countdown begin!

Anonymous said...

This is just the most heart warming and amazing story Chrystal and Scott. I have been quietly praying, reading your blog all the time and these pictures just brought tears to my eyes. They are all adorable! They are so blessed to have you two as their parents and can't wait to see them on the soccer field yelling go APU! Julie says hi and know you are loved! It's so fun to think of your mom and dad Scott getting all this - they must feel so proud of you two!
WIth love, Kathleen (aka fletch's mom!)

Kristie said...

Great picture of them in the towels... all smiling and glowing from your love.... They look so HAPPY - congrats