Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last Minute... Who Me?

In an effort to avoid a blog readers rebellion, I figure it's about time I finally posted!

It's been a busy 2 weeks trying to get ready for the trip. Packing for 4 weeks is not easy. I must admit that there are more power bars in the suitcase than socks. We've also had some document drama. It wasn't until about 1 pm Tuesday that I had our final document in hand. We're hoping all of the paperwork will be acceptable to the judge.

So here's our itinerary:

Wed. June 4- leave home
Thurs. June 5- arrive Moscow
Fri. June 6- Medical exams in Moscow (for us)
Sat. June 7- leave Moscow
Sun. June 8- arrive Krasnoyarsk
Mon. June 9- see the kids... I can't believe it's been 4 months!
Tues. June 10- court... lots of prayers please (it will be Monday night for you)
10 day waiting period before we get to take custody of the kids (not sure exactly what day that will be)
Wed. June 25- leave Kras... our first meltdown - I mean airplane ride as a family :)... 5 hours, wish us luck
Thurs. June 26 - Tues. July 1- Visa appointments, US Embassy appointment, kids' medicals
Wed. July 2- arrive home (13 hour flight)

Keep in mind that Moscow is 11 hours ahead and Kras is 15 ahead. We'll be able to email and update the blog while we're in Kras, so if you haven't given up on me, be on the lookout for new posts. Thanks for the encouragement over the last few days. We appreciate everyone's generous offers to help us out with last minute details. Keep us in your prayers, especially during court. I'll be in touch.

I can't believe this is the last night in my house with just the 2 of us... weird.

4 comments:

Julie and Matt said...

Rebellion is right! You had me on the edge of my seat wondering how things were.

Praying for you. Your kids most likely will be in shock and the flight, while exhausting, will go fine.

Did you get the Marriot Grande?

Have a wonderful time! Remember my experiences with the medicals and go with the short and quick yes or no answers. less is more in that case!

I'm giddy for you

Julie and Matt said...

Just reviewed your itinerary again . . . .what a Fourth of July!!

Anonymous said...

HIP, HIP HORRAY!! We are so excited beyond words for you guys. We will be praying every day for you as you have your court dates, medicals, etc. We will be anxiously awaiting your updated posts and pictures of your new little ones! With much prayer, Ryan and Amy Yarbrough

Anonymous said...

I just got your website from a friend of a friend. I'm so excited and happy for you and your new family. We too adopted a little boy from Moscow! What an experiend, one I wouldn't trade anything for. Our son is a blessing form God! We was almost two when we first met him in Moscow and now he's going to be 14 years old in a couple of weeks. It's wonderful!!! I'm so proud of you for taking this leap of faith. God does provide. My prayers are with you. Good luck and a safe journey home.