Monday, July 21, 2008

Guess How Much I Love You

You're probably familar with the book Guess How Much I Love You. Even before we had kids I'd heard this sweet little story of Little Nutbrown Hare who tries so hard to express how much he loves his mama (or maybe it's a papa?) Anyway, Big Nutbrown Hare always assures Little that he is loved beyond anything he could imagine, even "to the moon and back."

A few nights ago, I tucked Natalie in, gave her goodnight kisses, and whispered,
I love you
She looked at me, stretched out her arms and said,
This much

I'm so grateful that this little girl, my daughter, finally knows love.

This morning, as my house is still quiet, and the children are just beginning to stir I'm thinking about how much I'm loved. Loved by a Savior, who accepted the cross, who stretched out his arms for me, and said,
I love you... This much


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love keeping up with you all each day and sharing in birthdays, pool parties, tantrums, frustrations, discoveries, triumphs, and joys. God is so good. Enjoy these wonderful days.

Hope to see you soon.

Much Love,
Uncle Dave and Susan

Anonymous said...

I have to stop reading this at work. It is not a good thing to be crying in your cubicle. Thank you for the reminder of our Savior's love. I love U5...This much.

ITGFY. WEL,

Uncle Larry

Karen Clark said...

Chrystal, I loved reading your blog and seeing pictures of your beautiful children. We have been home a month now with our Natalie and it sounds like we are experiencing many of the same emotions and adjustments that you are. If you want to catch up with us, here's our blog: www.updateonbabyclark.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Karen Clark

Heather Brandt said...

Chrystal,
thanks for sharing your blog with the AWAA group today. I loved looking through your story and reflecting on where we are heading as parents-to-be...Praying that God will continue to bless your family as you grow together....

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I had a similar experience the other night with my 3 month old. I was praying over her while she was nursing and telling her that my prayer was for her to accept Jesus in her heart early but also that no matter when she decided to do that I would always love her...the same way Jesus will always love us no matter what. Aren't these moments just great! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Pinkus said...

I've been gone a few days and just got back to read the blog. Yes I had withdrawls! I can't even express how beautiful this entry is. Besides what Natalie said to you but how you always bring things back into perspective...the right perspective. I've read that book a million times but never connected it to MY heavenly father. How could I not? Thanks once again for reminding me of his love for me. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this simple children's story in perspective of how God loves US this much!
Your family is so beautiful and we pray that your little ones continue to feel the love of their parents as well as their Father above.
I do have to admit...reading this blog has made me want to push up our 'time-frame' of when we wanted to start a family. Ha Ha! Thanks for the encouragement.
You took on 3 amazing children at once. I think you earned the title 'super-mom & dad'...