Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One Week

We've been home 1 week. We've survived 1 week!

Routines and rituals are starting to form. Expectations are being set forth. It seems the kids all take turns testing us to see if we are really going to follow through. Good thing they don't get organized and all gang up on us at once! Scott and I would really be in trouble then! We'd have our own little Russian Revolution :)

We went to Chick Fil A for dinner last night. Tuesday. Kids eat free! Scott's parents met us there. By the way, you may now address Norma as Baba (short for Babushka) and George is Grandpa. Dinner went great. The kids did a little craft. Then it was off to the play area. They loved it! At the craft table, Justin and another little girl about his age were working side by side and just talking away to each other. They didn't seem to notice... or care... that they spoke different languages.

Here's a few pictures from our trip to the pool. As we suspected, Lexi loves the water. They all enjoyed themselves though. And the best part... they were zonked out for long naps afterward!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swimming and kids work well together! Nothing wears them out quite as fast. I think most Denny's kids eat free on Tuesday as well! Glad to hear that routines are being set and working and that they aren't all ganging up on you at once.

I think the things I love most about the pictures you're posting aren't just the enormous smiles on their faces and the sparkles in their eyes but the color in their faces (and I don't think that was from being out in the sun but definitely being exposed to the son! :D).

You are doing an awesome job! Keep it up. And thanks for still supplying us with posts to feed our addictions! It's now where whoever finds the new blog texts the others so that we know!!!!!

Shae said...

Chick fil-a... umm, your making me hungry.. LOL I forgot kids eat for free on Tuesday !! You can also do the IHOP on Citrus.. they have kids eat free Tuesdays & Wednesdays with a paid adult.. my kids love the pancakes for dinner ! =) I wanted to thank you both for bringing the kids in again ... it was so nice to see them all in person ! You truly have a beautiful family. I consider myself an 'addict' now.. I'm checking this page daily to see new postings ! And I'm filling all the girls in my office in on your daily routines ! =)

Continue to make your 'baby steps' and I know in time, everything will fall into place. God is good.. he gives us what we can handle, nothing more, nothing less. Though times are trying, we survive.